What to Wear to Camp
- old clothes or clothes that you don't mind getting soiled or torn, due to the nature of camp activities
- closed-toe, well-fitting, and supportive shoes/sneakers (water shoes, such as Tevas or Keens, are acceptable as long as they have closed toes) *
- a layer of sunscreen **
- a layer of bugspray **
Do not wear:
- new or favorite clothing that you would mind getting soiled or torn
- loose/ill-fitting shoes such as flip flops, sandals, Crocs, and clogs *
What to Bring to Camp
Pack a backpack or duffle bag with:
- bathing suit
- extra change of clothing (shorts/pants, t-shirt, underwear, & socks)
- closed-toe water shoes *
- bottle of sunscreen **
- bottle of bug spray **
- non-swimmers: US Coast Guard certified life vest to use in pool ***
- recommended for rainy days: raincoat and rainboots ****
Pack a lunchbag with:
- refillable water bottle
- healthy, non-refrigerated morning snack
- healthy, non-refrigerated lunch
- recommended: reusable ice pack
Do not bring:
Camp is a time to spend outdoors, physically engaged, and with your friends. It is messy, dirty, and happens in rain or shine. Therefore, it is important that your valuable belongings stay at home. Camp Lovewell cannot be held responsible for items lost or damaged.
- toys & stuffed animals
- cell phones
- electronic games or music devices (CD players, iPods, MP3 players, etc.)
- trading cards or other toy or fashion collectibles
- personal sports equipment, unless required for a specific, requested activity
- pets or animals of any kind
- weapons of any kind, including knives, BB guns, fire arms, and ammunition
Please make sure that everything your camper brings to camp is labeled with their name. All items left behind at the end of each camp session will be discarded or donated to charity.
* If campers do not have adequate footwear, they will not be allowed to participate in certain activities.
** Parents must apply a layer before the camper comes to camp, as well as provide a bottle of each.
*** Non-certified life vests or swim aides will not be permitted in the pool or at the pond; Camp provides life vests for pond activities.
**** Outdoor activities will continue to take place on rainy days.